You will earn a certificate of training completion for 1 hour.
Your Instructor/Presenter: Amy Morgan
Working in any “giving” profession means giving parts of yourself to others in order to care for them and their needs. Most people in these roles are there because they care, and because they feel compassion for others and want to help. The people who care the most tend to give the most of themselves. When someone continuously gives to others, it can deplete their own reserves. Showing compassion, and caring for others, shouldn’t mean sacrificing one’s own well-being and health, but very often that sacrifice is exactly what happens. This 1-hour training session will discuss the causes of compassion fatigue and burnout, the signs of depletion, and how to achieve a healthy amount of self-care to be better equipped for other-care.
Goals & Objectives:
1 Participants will be able to identify common causes of compassion fatigue and burnout.
2 Participants will be able to describe the effects of compassion-giving without the balance of proper self-care.
3 Participants will understand ways to restore one’s own health & well-being so as to remain able to continue giving and caring for others in a healthy way.
Participants will receive a certificate of training after the session, and this training session is open to anyone who wishes to attend.
For licensed clinicians, Center of Training is an Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider through NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) (ACEP #7092). Your certificate will designate 1 hour of CE. There are many licensure types and those vary across the 50 states. Before enrolling, please confirm with your specific licensure board that NBCC CE hours are accepted as CE for your license.
If you are interested in group rates, or have any questions, please let us know prior to enrolling, at [email protected].
No refunds provided. If you are unable to attend after enrolling, you may find someone to transfer your enrollment to as a replacement.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D)
- Founder/CEO - Center of Training, LLC
- Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support Leader/Teammate / Academy Hour Certified Instructor programs
- Master’s of Science in Counseling (LPC track) | , Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Mental Health Advisor – First H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement
INTERACTIVE BIO HERE