You will earn a certificate of training completion for 1 hour.
Your Instructor/Presenter: Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL(D), CWPS(D)
CEO/Founder: Center of Training
In situations like couples-counseling or court mediation, individuals involved often show up with the goal of getting the facilitator “on their side” in a disagreement. Unless you’re a court judge, your role is most likely not to decide a winner but, instead, to help facilitate agreements between two parties. Opening up communication, helping both sides listen to each other with an open mind, and guiding the two parties to an agreement somewhere in between what they both want, is the purpose of conflict mediation. This session will discuss ways to avoid picking sides or showing favoritism, and how to be a true facilitator who helps both parties see things from a different perspective, with the goal of coming to some sort of middle-ground place of agreement or resolution.
Goals & Objectives:
1 Participants will be able to identify common reasons behind disagreement and conflict;
2 Participants will be able to outline the steps and phases of conflict mediation;
3 Participants will gain an understanding of the process of facilitating conflicts without picking sides or showing favoritism to either party.
Participants will receive a certificate of training after the session, and this training session is open to anyone who wishes to attend.
For licensed clinicians, Center of Training is an Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider through NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) (ACEP #7092). Your certificate will designate 1 hour of CE. There are many licensure types and those vary across the 50 states. Before enrolling, please confirm with your specific licensure board that NBCC CE hours are accepted as CE for your license.
If you are interested in group rates, or have any questions, please let us know prior to enrolling, at [email protected].
No refunds provided. If you are unable to attend after enrolling, you may find someone to transfer your enrollment to as a replacement.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D)
- Founder/CEO - Center of Training, LLC
- Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support Leader/Teammate / Academy Hour Certified Instructor programs
- Master’s of Science in Counseling (LPC track) | , Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Mental Health Advisor – First H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement
INTERACTIVE BIO HERE