You will earn a certificate of training completion for 1 hour.
Your Instructor/Presenter: Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL(D), CWPS(D)
CEO/Founder: Center of Training
For many people communicating bad news or telling another person something they won’t want to hear, is a very difficult thing to do. This can mean breaking news of something that’s happened, or it can be the challenge of being honest in an employee performance review. Talking to another person about their deficiencies or things they need to improve can be an uncomfortable discussion and many people struggle to be honest because they don’t like conflict or negative reactions from others. In this session we’ll discuss the most common reactions to bad news and how to manage those reactions. Also discussed will be the best ways to communicate difficult messages while turning the discussion into a positive, growth-focused experience.
Goals & Objectives:
1 Participants will be able to identify the reasons behind, and the types of, different reactions people have to bad news;
2 Participants will gain an understanding of ways to approach difficult conversations and manage reactions;
3 Participants will be able to demonstrate methods of turning difficult conversations into growth-focused discussions.
Participants will receive a certificate of training after the session, and this training session is open to anyone who wishes to attend.
For licensed clinicians, Center of Training is an Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider through NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) (ACEP #7092). Your certificate will designate 1 hour of CE. There are many licensure types and those vary across the 50 states. Before enrolling, please confirm with your specific licensure board that NBCC CE hours are accepted as CE for your license.
If you are interested in group rates, or have any questions, please let us know prior to enrolling, at [email protected].
No refunds provided. If you are unable to attend after enrolling, you may find someone to transfer your enrollment to as a replacement.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D)
- Founder/CEO - Center of Training, LLC
- Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support Leader/Teammate / Academy Hour Certified Instructor programs
- Master’s of Science in Counseling (LPC track) | , Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Mental Health Advisor – First H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement
INTERACTIVE BIO HERE