1 CE Training Hour
You will receive a certificate of training completion by passing a short quiz at the end of the training.
Upon enrolling, you will have access to this class for 1 year. This allows you the opportunity to learn CE hours for repeating a course in different years.
This course goes into detail about the causes behind an individual developing thoughts of suicide and also discusses methods of intervention with someone who is contemplating suicide.
Goals & Objectives
- The participant will be able to list the causes of suicidal ideation.
- The participant will be able to identify the primary mental health concerns leading up to suicidal thoughts.
- The participant will be able to explain the best approach to discuss suicidal thoughts with an individual thinking of suicide.
- The participant will be able to discern the differences between suicidal ideation, attempt, and completion.
- The participant will gain an understanding of the clouded mental state of someone experiencing multiple stressors, loss and/or pain, and how this could lead to thoughts of suicide
- The participant will gain an understanding of the best approach for suicide intervention conversations.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D), AHCI, TECC-LEO
- Founder/CEO - Center of Training, LLC
- Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Vice President of Education - Lighthouse Health & Wellness
- Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support Leader/Teammate / Academy Hour Certified Instructor programs
- Master’s of Science in Counseling (LPC track) | , Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care – Law Enforcement Officer (TECC-LEO) certified / NAEMT
- Mental Health Advisor – Blue H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement
INTERACTIVE BIO HERE