You will earn a certificate of training completion for 1 hour.
Your Instructor/Presenter: Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL(D), CWPS(D)
CEO/Founder: Center of Training
For some people anger is a reaction over which they feel they have little or no control, and their behaviors in response to their emotions are not handled in a healthy or productive way. This training session will discuss common reasons behind the emotion of anger and why some people’s subsequent behavior becomes excessive angry outbursts, rage, or violence. We’ll also discuss methods for calming one’s anger, through an understanding of the sympathetic & parasympathetic nervous systems as well as defusing techniques.
Goals & Objectives:
1 Participants will gain an understanding of causes of, and responses to, the emotion of anger;
2 Participants will be able to identify when the emotion of anger is producing the behaviors of rage or violence.
3 Participants will learn techniques to defuse and calm intense and angry situations.
Participants will receive a certificate of training after the session, and this training session is open to anyone who wishes to attend.
For licensed clinicians, Center of Training is an Approved Continuing Education (CE) Provider through NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors) (ACEP #7092). Your certificate will designate 1 hour of CE. There are many licensure types and those vary across the 50 states. Before enrolling, please confirm with your specific licensure board that NBCC CE hours are accepted as CE for your license.
If you are interested in group rates, or have any questions, please let us know prior to enrolling, at [email protected].
No refunds provided. If you are unable to attend after enrolling, you may find someone to transfer your enrollment to as a replacement.
Amy Morgan, MSC, CFRC(D), CPSL-T(D)
- Founder/CEO - Center of Training, LLC
- Founder - Academy Hour, LLC
- Creator: Certified First Responder Counselor / Certified Peer Support Leader/Teammate / Academy Hour Certified Instructor programs
- Master’s of Science in Counseling (LPC track) | , Bachelor’s of Science in Behavioral Sciences
- Former Training Officer for Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
- Mental Health Instructor - Justice Clearinghouse
- Mental Health Advisor – First H.E.L.P.
- Survivors of Blue Suicide (C.O.P.S. Org.) Wellness Support Staff Member
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Individual Interventionist
- Instructor - International Association for Directors of Law Enforcement Standards & Training (IADLEST) / FirstForward / Envisage
- PoliceOne.com /Lexipol contributing author
- Guardian RFID (Corrections) contributing author and YouTube channel contributor
- Author of therapy resource workbooks & training curriculum
- Certified trainer: ASIST-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certified trainer: QPR-Question Persuade Refer
- CPI Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer
- Mensa USA & Mensa Oklahoma member achievement
INTERACTIVE BIO HERE